सोऽहम् - C'est Moi

र्पुथ्वीतलावरील माझे विचार आणि श्रद्धा.
Some thoughts and beliefs of my life on planet Earth.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My toplist

Recently I have been tagged by 'milesnsmiles' to comeup with my toplist of H/Bollywood movies. So here it is.....

The last movie I borrowed:
Pather Panchali: The first of the 'Apu Trilogy'. Now I have watched all the three parts of the trilogy.. though in reverse order. I liked the 'real cinema' and am amazed by the director's attention to details. A must for those who like 'non-masala' movies.

The last film I watched in Theater :
Hollywood: Mr. & Mrs. Smith: Total disappointment on all the fronts.
Bollywood: Paheli: I am glad for the simple story and so real indian ethnic show. I think its not a gr8 movie by any means, but I am happy to have watched this one.

Which five fictional characters in Hollywood have you had a crush on?
Female:
1. Rose Dewitt Bukater - Kate Winslate in 'Titanic'.
2. Margaret "Maggie" Pollitt - Elizabeth Taylor in 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' (1958).
3. Isabella Oliveira - Penélope Cruz in Woman on Top.
4. Roxie Hart - Renée Zellweger in 'Chicago'.
5. Satine - Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge!

Male:
1. Neo - Keanu Reeves in 'The Matrix'.
2. Raymond Babbitt - Dustin Hoffman in 'Rain Man'.
3. Lt. Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell - Tom Cruise in 'Top Gun'.
4. The Terminator - Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day'.
5. Jack Sparrow - Johnny Depp in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl'.

Which five fictional characters in Bollywood have you had a crush on?
Female:
1. Lolita - Vidya Balan in 'Parineeta': Yet to watch the movie, but I am already hypnotized.
2. Shalini - Preity Zinta in 'DCH'... She is so natural in the role. esp. 'Jaane kyon log pyar karte hai' song.
3. Annie - Manisha Koirala in 'Khamoshi: The Musical': She is so cute and fresh there. I wonder where she lost that innocence nowadays.
4. Aana - Suchitra Krishnamoorthi in 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na' (1994): Cute and Perfect for the character.
5. Renu - Madhubala in 'Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958)': I need not remind you 'Ek Ladki Bholi Bhalisi...'

Male:
1. Vijay Dinanath Chavan - Amitabh Bachchan in 'Agneepath (1990)'.
2. Ram Prasad Dasharath Prasad Sharma - Amol Palekar in 'Gol Maal (1979)'.
3. Pyare Mohan Illahabadi - Dharmendra in 'Chupke Chupke (1975)'.
4. Gabbar Singh - Amjad Khan in 'Sholay (1975)'.
5. Ajay Singh Rathod - Amir Khan in 'Sarfarosh (1990)'.

Five Hollywood films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
1. Matrix I : Brilliant idea, brilliant presentation.
2. Young Frankenstein (1974): The scariest comedy of all time!
3. City Lights (1931): Masterpiece by Charlie Chaplin.
4. Pulp Fiction (1994): Quentin Tarantino is the great.
5. The Lion King (1994): Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life.

Five Bollywood films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
1. Dil Chahta Hai (2001): Never seen a Bollywood film? then DCH is the best place to start.
2. Chupke Chupke (1974): Amithabh, Dharmendra and Om Prakash cook a delicious comedy... remember the analogy between TO, DO and GO?
3. Sarfarosh (1999): A reason to live
4. Maine Pyar Kiya (1989): Classic film and unforgotable songs...Thing to remember - Friendship me no 'Thank you' no 'Sorry'!
5. Teesri Kasam (1966): Raj Kapoor and Waheeda Rahman at their best.

Five Hollywood/Bollywood types that I can't stop slurping over:
1. Preity Zinta
2. Kate Winslate
3. Aishwarya Rai
4. Vidya Balan
5. Nicole Kidman

Dudes I think have no right to be this cool / hunky:
1. Russell Crowe
2. Amir khan
3. Amitabh Bachchan
4. John Travolta
5. Hrithik Roshan

H/Bollywood people I'm supposed to be impressed by, but am not:
1. SRK
2. Sanjubaba
3. Tom Cruise
4. Angelina Jolie
5. Madhuri

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker Listed on BlogShares